Moving Into Colder Weather

Just a short update for my photo friends and clients.

It's been a long hot summer; busy too.
Shooting here, shooting there; shooting everywhere.

Plenty of great weddings this summer with assignment shoots rounding out my days.

I was happy to do a shoot for Olympia Pools & Spas right here in Fort Wayne.
These guys do some awesome work.

Ok..Onto my story:
Not one to be afraid of heights, I don't suggest anyone do what I did. Ya'..Ok..I was a little silly and would probably never do this again.

It's not often I get to just go out and do a fun shoot for myself.
Not that the paid sessions aren't fun; they are..I just rarely get the opportunity to simply prowl the streets of Fort Wayne in search of whatever might strike my eye.

Well; on this day I wasn't having too much luck finding interesting subject matter..sooooo; after wandering aimlessly for about an hour I looked up and low and behold, A PARKING GARAGE! ;)

Now, a parking garage really isn't all that interesting all by itself, but in the wee hrs of the morning when no one is around, they have a life all their own. I know; kinda' weird huh?

If you happen to be familiar with Down Town Fort Wayne, this parking garage is located just off Wayne Street.

Up the elevator I went, seven floors later and I found my latest outdoor shooting studio.

What a great place to shoot portraits, seniors, brides, couples..anything actually!
Church steeples in one direction, the courthouse opposite that...very cool.

Below are a few test shots I did to get a feel for the place for future use. I love the back drop from this vantage point.

I'm sure I'll probably see some fellow photogs up there in the near future. ;)

Oh ya, back to my story.

In one of the photos below, I hopped up and crouched down on a cement block located in the corner of the top floor. There is about a three foot retainer wall that keeps you relatively safe, but once I was up on this cement block; well, one big wind and it's seven floors straight down. Ouch! You didn't think I would actually STAND on that block did you?

Oh; the last image is a "Pano" or Panoramic, essentially stitching (2) images together to get a much wider angle of view. I wish everyone could see the hi-resolution version of this, quite amazing.

For the photo buffs out there, I shot the Pano images at 17mm, so there was a fair amount of distortion. I don't use shift/tilt lenses since I'm not into architectural or interior shoots. Using some basic transforms in Adobe Photoshop, it's pretty easy to eliminate most of the distortions common when shooting wide angle.

As always, I can be contacted via my web site HERE.

Let's hope old man winter is kind to us this year.


Pete

View to the west

Now this was a little scary from this position




Two frame Pano.

No comments: